I just wanted to list a few of my favorite snacks, and remember, even with healthy snacks, enjoy in moderation:
- Almonds or Dry Roasted Peanuts
- Beef or Turkey Jerky (I like Perky Jerky especially)
- Hummus and Pita Chips
- Greek Yogurt (pre-mixed with Fruit or Honey for convenience, or even better add your own to Plain - can even substitute for Sour Cream in Dip recipies).
- Fresh Fruit (try Apples or Pears with Cheese or Bananas with Peanut Butter for extra protein)
- Triscuits (the only cracker I'll eat): Enjoy with Hummus, Cheese, Ham, Turkey or fresh Salsa.
- Protein Bars are a life-saver when you need a quick snack or even a meal replacement. Be careful, all protein bars aren't created equal. I like Quest bars especially.
- Dark Chocolate (I especially like Ghiradelli 86% or Lindt 85%).
Remember, you should never allow yourself to get hungry. Eat smart, and eat often. It'll make your journey easier!